Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where are 310MHz and 433MHz rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneary

We all see devices on 310 and 433MHz, sso I decided to look it up. I'm iin the US, so I checked FCC rules (CFR47), and read parts 2, 15 (radio frequency devices), 74 (experimental), and 97 (ham radio). Couldn't find anything specific to these frequencies.

Are these frequencies specifically mentioned anywhere?

Thanks

I'm in the middle of trying to understand this very thing.

I need a RF circuit to control a Circuit eric helped me build. But, I'm afraid to operate it because I have a room that's nearby and I will need to separate them somehow. Maybe throw in some dip switches ? With separate frequencies.

I don't know.

But thanks for the book!

kv

But, I'm afraid to operate it because I have a room that's nearby and I will need to separate them somehow.

Ugh??

I assume you mean that you have two different systems and dont want them to interfere with each other.
You could use two different frequencies, or, you could use the same frequency but code the messages to each system so that they only respond to their messages.

JimB

Great Solution !

Ugh??
you could use the same frequency but code the messages to each system so that they only respond to their messages.

JimB

Sounds good I was also thinking if this system ends up going elsewhere on Campus, coding messages differently maybe the overall solution.

Thanks Again.

kv

Bound to be, but they aren't 'experimental' and they aren't 'amateur bands', so neither of those would help.
I expected to find it in Part 15, and decided to expand my search. :) In fact I searched the FCC web site, including all of CFR47 for instances of "310" and "433". In fact, 433 MHz is in the middle of the 70cm ham band (420-450 MHz) here in the US. Incidentally, 420-430 MHz is restricted in the US near Canada, because in Canada it's Land Mobile, not ham.
Have a look here:
https://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineeri...3/oet63rev.pdf
That should give you a good start.
Also found that document, which makes no mention of 310 or 433 MHz.

I found one caution regarding operation between 432.75 and 433.25 MHz, but no mention of why.

Also found that document, which makes no mention of 310 or 433 MHz.

Have a look on pages 17 and 18 where we find the information shown in the attachment.

I have added my interpretation.

I also had a look at the FCC website to try and find the part 15 regulations, but ended up bogged down in broken links and irrelevant stuff.

JimB

Attachments

• part15stuff.JPG
    part15stuff.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 903
Thanks Jim.

I had read all that, but your interpretations make it more understandable. If you want a pdf of most any regulation, e.g. part 15, search using this: "47cfr15.pdf".

Interesting that only the "frequency" near the center of each rather fat band is defined by manufacturers as the frequency they use. Actually not surprising given that the transmitters are typically LC tuned and the receivers are broad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back