Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when will chaos end (philosophical)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Ever wonder when will all the chaos on earth end?
When will we stop fighting wars over profit, greed and power?
Will there ever be a day when I can pick up a mainstream newspaper and there will be a complete absence of violence in it?

-Please share your thoughts

Doubtful, people are, after all animals. We are competitive, greedy, and willing to do most anything to survive. We are the worst animals on the planet, enough to get by, isn't good enough, we have to have an excess, and make sure there is always plenty. Some, also like the idea of having the most, so they can be self-important, and control what others get.

Society barely keeps the beast under control. When anarchy happens, say after a government falls, natural disaster, the beast in man, is released, full force. We are all born the same, being civil is something we must learn. Unfortunately, it's not taught as strictly as it was in the past. Criminals aren't punished as severely, or simply executed publicly as an example. Children are encouraged to think for themselves, rather than corrected when behaving badly.

Unfortunately, in order to remove the violent 'bad-seeds' from society, you'd would have to act violently yourself, so you could never actually completely remove the violence, or the species would be extinct.

When will chaos end (philosophical)

This question from a person whose avatar is an armed snowman? :)

I anticipate an end to the chaos that currently plagues the world next Wednesday or maybe Thursday.

Seriously? When the planet as we know it ceases to exist. Considering war has been around since the beginning of time I don't see war, greed or chaos ending anytime soon.

Ron

Last edited:
I agree. There are only two ways that the chaos could possibly end: One, the human species becomes extinct, or Two, the world is destroyed and all life is wiped out. Either way, I don't see it happening in our lifetime.
Der Strom

As long as there are two or more people who think their personal views or opinions are the right one and the others are not there will be conflict and chaos.

Too hot too cold, too wet too dry, too much too little, too big too small, too far too close, to high too low, too much control too little control. Need I say more?

As long as there are two or more people who think their personal views or opinions are the right one and the others are not there will be conflict and chaos.

Too hot too cold, too wet too dry, too much too little, too big too small, too far too close, to high too low, too much control too little control. Need I say more?

Basically, if someone find something, they like it, they want to keep it. When someone else finds out about it, he wants it too. With most animals, the biggest and baddest beast usually ends up with it. With humans, if those who want to take the prize, aren't quite up to the task, or know that their possession will be short term, they tend to destroy it, so nobody else can enjoy it. There are others who, don't really want or need it, but just like to take things for personal enjoyment, and it's even more fun, if they can convince you to just give it to them, thinking it's going to save the world someday...

This question from a person whose avatar is an armed snowman? :)

I anticipate an end to the chaos that currently plagues the world next Wednesday or maybe Thursday.

Seriously? When the planet as we know it ceases to exist. Considering war has been around since the beginning of time I don't see war, greed or chaos ending anytime soon.

Ron
LOL..nice catch there :D

..or I can assure you chaos(! how pronounced 'ch' as in chest or 'ch' in chemistry? ) won't end anywhere nearby atleast till time you and me out there :)

Nevermind.

chaos(! how pronounced 'ch' as in chest or 'ch' in chemistry? )
As in chemistry.

The whole word is pronounced "kayoss"

Don't you just love the english language?

The word GHOTI could be pronounced as FISH !!
Look here for an explaination.

JimB

As in chemistry.

The whole word is pronounced "kayoss"

Don't you just love the english language?

The word GHOTI could be pronounced as FISH !!
Look here for an explaination.

JimB

Haha! I have always loved that one :D :)

Tidal, Tidal strings on a fidal.

Ever wonder when will all the chaos on earth end?
When will we stop fighting wars over profit, greed and power?
Will there ever be a day when I can pick up a mainstream newspaper and there will be a complete absence of violence in it?

-Please share your thoughts

Maybe, if given enough time.

1. We should ask is Mankind "Good or Evil"
2. Evolution push's us forward to the point Mankind's basic Mentality is skewed, over time to result in a Genetically Transformed Creature.
3.Possibly the New Creature is now. NO LONGER HUMAN.

4. A brief synopsis concludes, that Mankind as we know it, must evolve. To achieve such lofty visions.

5. By then your newspaper will no longer exist.

kv

1) Good and Evil are concepts created by man.
2) Evolution doesn't push anywhere, it simply naturally finds the system which will result in the most stable elements given the energies driving those systems.
3) What is this new creature? We're not the center of anything except in our own minds, it's how we're built.
4) Evolve simply means change, and lofty visions will change in the process the end result will be something that can't currently be predicted in the long term.
5) By the time newspapers no longer exist something like it will have replaced it, just won't be called a newspaper.

I try not to be too judgmental but does anyone realize how shallow and pedantic not to mention obscenely self centered typical philosophy is? All these worries these doubts and concerns, great questions and serious issues are nothing more than shallow constructions of the mind to bring order to chaos when there is in fact no chaos, just order that we can not comprehend. Our minds are too small, and even after a few more thousands or billions of years of evolution we won't even have a shadow of a clue as to the true nature of even some of the simplest things that consume our existence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back