Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

when will 230V Ac motor gets damage..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

manju_gowda

Hi all ,
I have posted this question to know when will AC motor gets damaged and how can i protect AC motor section from this. Most of all farmers are facing this problem frequently. so please post your ideas.

Thanks.

Hmm, let's see....

Motors can be damaged if they're put on top of a stick of dynamyte, or if they're dumped in water, or if they're thrown in a very hot fire, dropped from a very high point, or if they're smashed between rocks....There are a lot of ways an AC motor can get damaged. Not quite sure what you're asking here.... :p

Hi all ,
I have posted this question to know when will AC motor gets damaged and how can i protect AC motor section from this. Most of all farmers are facing this problem frequently. so please post your ideas.

Thanks.

From your name, I know where you are from. Your problem is Low Voltage and Phase Failure. Low voltage can lead to the motor drawing excess current and result in a burnout. So can phase failure for a 3 phase motor. Low Voltage Cutoff and Phase Failure Cutoff relays is a solution. This will also mean that your motors are likely to remain idle for a major part of the day! Other solutions are too expensive for the farmer to afford.
Replace the Motor with a Diesel Engine as almost all farmers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back