Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When do you decide you're ready for interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

Hi,

So I decided it's time to look for a new job, move from QA to Real-time SW development.

However, it was just 2 weeks ago when I started going through all the material from Uni, and over my 2-year SW development expeirne (from few years ago).

I started sending my resumes to some companies, and also to manpower service.

I "accidently" got an interview with highly respected company, and now I think I should postpone this interview by 2-3 more weeks until I cecome expert in everything that I studied and worked at.

Also, I think it's better to firstly experience interviews in less esteemed companies.

What do you think?

Thank you :)

I "accidently" got an interview with highly respected company, and now I think I should postpone this interview by 2-3 more weeks
But what if this "highly respected company" need someone now?
You will have blown your chance.
Just go to the interview and see what happens.

until I cecome expert in everything that I studied and worked at.
(My emphasis).
Now that is funny on its own!:D:D:D

less esteemed companies
What, do you think that the less esteemed companies will be looking for someone with no SELF ESTEEM ?

Tell me, did you eventually go on your backpacking holiday to Vietnam, with or without the other guy who you may or may not have got on with ?
Sometimes you just have to say "yes I am going to do this", and get on with it.

The most life changing interview I ever had, was in a phone box which was somewhere about here in 1978.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Mi...d=zJUSI0cBeuLEgv9b_qoRvg&cbp=12,14.62,,1,1.43

JimB

Last edited:
But what if this "highly respected company" need someone now?
You will have blown your chance.
Just go to the interview and see what happens.

If I screw this interview, I won't get a chance to apply to this company for at least a year or two.

If they find someone else now, I could apply in few months later, a company always looks for new employees, doesnt it?

What, do you think that the less esteemed companies will be looking for someone with no SELF ESTEEM ?
No, but if I lose these jobs, that won't be too bad.

Tell me, did you eventually go on your backpacking holiday to Vietnam, with or without the other guy who you may or may not have got on with ?
Sometimes you just have to say "yes I am going to do this", and get on with it.
yeah, it was awesome

If they find someone else now, I could apply in few months later, a company always looks for new employees, doesnt it?
Yes, but that does not mean that they will offer you a job.

I once applied twice to a company, was interviewed twice, and rejected twice.
A man has to know when he is just not wanted.

JimB

IMHO, the guys on the other side will not look at how you're prepared, but rather if you can do the job or not. I don't think you can change this in 2-3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back