Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wheel Chair wont shut off,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

the power button is soft, feeding in to a uC, problem is that when we push the I/O button on hand controller it shuts off , and stays off as we hold the button down, but as soon as we release the button chair powers up again ,
parents contacted manufacture and they said it was a common failure , and to try switching the pad on the key, which is what parents did before contacting me or else they need new 500$ control module(joystick and all), alas , i got in with a voltmeter and found that the button/pads were triggering fine, I traced the circuit and hence the sloppy diagram with not much references, this is what i was able to establish
Scan.jpg

all i could see for the transistor is that it was surface mount and labeled A42 or A4Z (which i circled the node underneath by accident), OH, and just found the datasheet! through hole only though: (

i cannot verify resistor values, or the bus at the bottom,
button is tagged as "trigger" in image, node is "trig"
i only guess that node is base, as it is the leg that is isolated from the side with the other legs
I am uncomfortable with that pink jumper in the middle... yes that is a node

I realize this is not the best info, will return there tomorrow with the scope, for now I think iv narrowed it down to either Atmega, or transistor

A)I figure if its micro-controller, or something non repairable , i can't replace it but i can run a hard switch between battery harness for manual switching, but still need to find current rating to guage components.

B) transistor shot, will need to find surface mount to-92 and replace with my solder iron, hmm, or maybe should refer to solution A

C) board/cpu on other side of bus just doesn't want to shut off, maybe should refer to solution A!

Taking all bets! suggestions too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back