Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats your favorite programming software

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRC

Hello All.
What is your favorite software(s) for programming PIC or other
micro controllers?

for PIC: MPLAB / Hi-Tech C / ICD-2 clone from Elektor magazine. All are excellent, total cost: £35/$70.

Hey, is this _the_ grc from the BasicMicro forum? Looking for a new language?

I'm big on BASICs.
I would have to say Atom BASIC and MicroBasic Pro, although the last is a relic and probably on its way out. I've tried others. MikroBasic from Mikroelectronica is a bit hard to handle for me. Swordfish looks promising as an 18F pure compiler that produces straight .HEX code. I purchased Oshonsoft BASIC, both the 16F and 18F version, with math and USB enhancements, but the author has stopped communicating on the forum. There's always GCBASIC (where GC stands for Great Cow) for 16F processors, and it's free to boot. Just about all these guys offer free, limited versions of their compilers, if it isn't just outright free.

Happy holidays!
kenjj

Pommie said:
Same here. Would I be right to guess your not a .net fan.

Mike.
Got .net downloaded and had a quick play with it but VB6 does everything I need without any of the hassle and I've got a licensed version here. I'm not into the flashy graphics etc and usually just need to write a quick front end to whatever project I'm working on at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back