Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's wrong with the little symbols in the Microcontroller forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr RB

Hey guys, I've noticed in the last few days that the little symbols on the left of the Microcontrollers forum (that show if you have read a thread or responded to a thread ) etc are broken, and the only thing that appears is some type of default symbol (looks like a white box with "uC" inside).

The rest of the forum seems to be ok, it's only the Microcontrollers section and only happened a few days ago.

Hi Mr RB,

It must've been a new feature done with the forum upgrade. For now to see if I have read a thread, I just look at the title. If it is bold it is a new thread. To see if I've replied to one I check for a little green tick to the right of the thread title.

yes a recent upgrade messed some stuff up. look in the bugs forum.

I consider this a step backwards. We now have the same piece of information twice, the symbol and the forum name. The information we have lost is whether or not we have contributed to that particular thread. I know the envelope was added but it only works occasionally, if I click "My Posts" then only about 50% have the envelope.

Edit, no envelope on this thread.

Mike.

Last edited:
Yeah the thread names are bold if they have new content (as they always were) but there is no green tick to show I have posted in a thread. There are no envelopes at all visible anymore in the Microcontrollers forum, just white rectangles that say "uC" so currently there is nothing to show me what threads I have contributed to. :(

I'd still prefer the old icons back. Why fix something that wasn't broken?

Plus, what happened to the little arrow that allowed you to go to the last post in a thread?

Mike.

Yay! Thank you everything seems to be working again and I can see all the little envelopes. :)

I think it's a sign of getting old, when you prefer things to stay the same. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back