Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's wrong with my circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeanie

I have set up a simple LDR ciruit with LDR, LED; 1K resistor and 12K resistor in series and a transistor E to battery, C to LED and base to 1 resistor and when LDr exposed to ligh LED is on. When exposed to dark LED goes off

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP:confused:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Jeanie said:
I have set up a simple LDR ciruit with LDR, LED; 1K resistor and 12K resistor in series and a transistor E to battery, C to LED and base to 1 resistor and when LDr exposed to ligh LED is on. When exposed to dark LED goes off

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP:confused:

Can you post a sketch of the circuit, so we can see how its connected.:)

Hi Jeanie,
If you attach a sketch of your circuit for us to see how it is connected then we will see what you are talking about.

Hi Hero,
Your diode D3 is backwards. EDIT: It isn't backwards.
Your "transistor" has 5 legs??

Last edited:
A comparator is a much better way of doing it, for even better results connect a 470k resistor between pin 6 and pin 3.

Hi Alun,
OOps, Hi Hero,
Of course a comparator is the best way to turn an LED on and off with light.
But a single transistor would probably fade the light on and off slowly.

Now that the daylight hours are getting less and less each day, I am souping up my solar garden lights. I have 5 different circuits and the best one uses a single AA Ni-Cad battery cell, a voltage stepup circuit with an inductor and a fading red, green and blue LED.
2 circuits use an LDR to detect darkness. The others use the reduced output from the solar panel. The solar panel detector is the best and uses fewer parts.

Reverse polarit protection, it's totally optional and can be placed on the + rail which will make no difference.

What component is faulty Hero. I am depending on you

Hero,

I want some 15 year olds to set up a circuit using a 1K resistor, a 12 K resistor, a transistor, an LED and LDR. When exposed to dark the LED should light I did it once before so why is it working the opposite way now.Can you give a diagnosis.
They dont believe me now!!:eek:

Jeanie said:
Hero,

I want some 15 year olds to set up a circuit using a 1K resistor, a 12 K resistor, a transistor, an LED and LDR. When exposed to dark the LED should light I did it once before so why is it working the opposite way now.Can you give a diagnosis.
They dont believe me now!!:eek:

As you've already been told, post the circuit as you have it connected already.

Hi Jeanie,
Why didn't you attach the schematic of your very simple circuit and explain that before the LED lighted (lit?) when it is dark but now the LED lights when it is light????????
Hmmmm???

Hint: Maybe before the LDR turned on the transistor when the LDR got dark.
Guess what the LDR is doing now???

My simple LDR circuit

Tried to copy and paste my circuit diagram it just will not paste I dont want to add my lack of computer knowledge as well. Apparently i read the circuit wrong. i let out a variable resistor. I will try again tommorow and report to you guys thanks for all the replies and all the telling offs!

Jeanie said:
Tried to copy and paste my circuit diagram it just will not paste I dont want to add my lack of computer knowledge as well. Apparently i read the circuit wrong. i let out a variable resistor. I will try again tommorow and report to you guys thanks for all the replies and all the telling offs!
hi,
One way to post a drawing.

Open the 'Post Reply' window.
Look down the screen, 'Additional Options'
A button named 'Manage Attachments', left click it
A new small Window should appear.
Click the 'Browse' button, then find your drawing within your PC.
Then click the 'Upload' button,,,, wait until its done uploading.
Then click 'close window' message

Make sure that your drawing or whatever is on the list of acceptable file extensions and also the size limit.

Give it a go!, we are all waiting to see the circuit.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back