Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's this thing in the top banner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hey, sorry for posting two issues in a row. This one has just been bugging me :p

I turned on my computer today and opened up ETO and noticed this strange..."thing"...on the top of the page.

odd.JPG

I was wondering if it's just a problem with my computer, or if it's something new with the site. If it's there on purpose, what's it for?
Thanks for looking :D
Der Strom

You're a genius... :D
Thanks EM!

The 'error' shouldn't be seen in the first place though ET. There have been at least a dozen bugs in the last six months that are blamed on 'reset your browser and refresh' when it's the code in the first place that isn't able to deal with the old cookies and has no way to reset it's own cache.

I'll toss you a cupcake when I can EM!

I'll toss you a cupcake when I can EM!

Good I like cupcakes ;)

If anyone's interested, the home page had a CSS file that was about 100k, a massive amount of bloat which comes with the vBulletin software as standard and I've removed it down to under 10k.

Last edited:
If anyone's interested, the home page had a CSS file that was about 100k, a massive amount of bloat which comes with the vBulletin software as standard and I've removed it down to under 10k.

Wow! Glad to hear you've got it cleaned up! Keep up the good work :)

It's in all our best interests to have the site code efficient, less bandwidth for EM to pay for, less for us to have to download! 100k from the start page is.... huge.

For a human understandable example it's like a 1000lb person lossing 900lbs, all deadweight.

I expect 1000 jumping jacks and a 10,000 pushups by tommarow!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back