Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's this? (Question for our Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Sorry I didn't know that! Could you please add a small description why it was deleted, when you delete such post in future? I always do so.

Jay.slovak said:
Oh, Sorry I didn't know that! Could you please add a small description why it was deleted, when you delete such post in future? I always do so.

I usually do, but as this was the third today I was getting a little :evil:

Jay.slovak said:
Maybe Electro Master should Lock the Projects forum, so that only Moderators can post there...

why?

I think the better thing to do is have the mods approve new user registrations before new users can post questions.

That's interesting too, but that will require a lot of work and it will just slow down the Growth of Electro-tech.
And it's not even possible with PHPBB2, only Admin can approve new members.

That wod be a lot of work for the admin to aprove evryone.

Just lock that projects forum.Evryone will have to tell the admins to post somting in there.

Or meaby that you have to have 50 or 100 posts to post in the projects.So that it that time the n00bs will read the rules.

And yea it can be nerve racking for the mod to constantly see posts that dont belong there evry day.

I think locking the projects forum will spoil it altogether. I think the idea of a projects forum is a good one - we'll just have to put up with the odd bad post is all.

Brian

ha that funny, amother member of this forum staff not being able to understand why a post was closed or moved.

anyway.

i didnt read the forum guidelines for that forum and i appologise for that i did read in the **** chat section the posts (i stress on the plorual) about newbies not posting full questions or giving full explaination in to what they are tryint to acheive.

i felt with the full explaination and the link (even though it was a dead link) that it was a consice.

i admit i put it in the wrong section but to jsut put it in the trash can WITHOUT and explaination is just plain stupid.

i read another post that says there is over 100000 posts, i can see why, cos you put every one in the trash can making that person to re-post it in the correct place, thus doubling to amount of posts on this site.

wouldnt it have been easier and saved space on your forum servers (as this action has now generated 3 extra threads than needed) just ot move the thread in to the correct location and written a reply saying why it has been moved.

I think that the idea of a min 50 post till you post in theere is a good one. And if someone wants to post there before he has 50 post just PM the admins or something like that.

That would certainly weed out the people who come here in desperation, hoping someone will do their college project for them. Trouble is, it'll only move the problem. Instead of posting in the projects section, we'll start seeing these things in general electronics instead.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back