Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

whats this drawing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomSoft said:
What is this? Some type of transistor?
**broken link removed**

Yes, this is the symbol for a very common type of transistor called a Junction Field Effect Transistor, or JFET.

Wow thats no help.

Example: I have a dog it looks like this (pic) What is it.

We need more than that! What is it?

Im saying that you just posting a pic and not telling what it's from could be hard.

No substitute for a JFET

No, there is nothing like a JFET (or a dame for that matter). There is no substitute for it. One unique feature of the JFET is that it conducts when Vgs = 0. The drain current in this condition is called Idss. Normally you have to take Vgs negative to pinch off the channel. This voltage is called, as you might expect, the ....pinch-off voltage.

BTW the unijunction transistor would have the little arrow meeting the channel at about a 45 degree angle.

The symbol is an n-channel JugFET.

The TL082 is an op-amp which has JugFET inputs so is no use if all you need is a JugFET.

Please post the whole schematic and we might be able to help you properly.

i actually dont have a schematic on the pc ... only drawn and no scanner... but ill do you 1 better..

http://www.runoffgroove.com/littlegem.html

Its something with the GEM MKII...well in fact the whole schematic of that is in it but with other stuff also ... The person who the schematics belong to has asked me for some stupid reason not to post it no where. Ill tell you now its nothing spectacular.. its for a friend (paranoid guy)

anyway as i said the whole little gem MKII is in there. so i guess that would be it....

EIDT: Once again im sorry for not being able to post full schematics.. maybe in future after the paranoid dude wakes up :D

It's an n-channel FET, and it's used to give a high input impedance for a guitar - I've always used a 2N3819 for such purposes in the past.

You could certainly use a TL082 to do the same job (and do it better), but it would need a little redesigning.

The N-channel FET will have the even-harmonics distortion of a vacuum tube. The TL081 will have extremely low distortion and will sound different.

Are you kidding? Just because I point out that a single picture is not very helpful I get hit with this? BE REALISTIC!

Attachments

• reo.JPG
    reo.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back