Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's this device ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mad Professor

Can you name what this strange looking contraption is ?

bonus points available if you can say where it is :)

Attachments

• mystery.jpg
    mystery.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 207
Contraption

Its obvious that its a space ship. (Honestly the angle is really weird I can't tell).

Here's a close up...

As some of you have noted , yes, high voltages are involved when in operation , but sparks do not fly. Nor is warp drive achieved lol

Attachments

• cm-11.jpg
    cm-11.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 204
Looks like a ton of fun to me! Is it a power supply for a very large particle accelerator? (hee hee, or a tractor beam)

hmmm , for those that want to see the "warp drive" , allright lol

This was the old equipment they were geting rid of at the substation,
very big , lots of sparks (internally) and contains mercury...

Attachments

• cm-02.jpg
    cm-02.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 155
  • cm-10.jpg
    cm-10.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 160
well geez, I cant believe no one knows what it is...its obviously a...umm... well I'm not going to tell everyone and spoil it...

Aww, and I was going to guess it was part of the Cern Particle Accelerator project. They have some pretty wild gear there.

One of the best I've seen on the net tho is the ZMachine at Sandia Labs:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back