Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's this called / Where can I buy one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt you can - it's a board made specifically by the manufacturer of the unit.

But presumably it would be trivial to make your own, it doesn't look complicated.

Thanks, I'd like to give it a go then (try making one). Any hints/tips/links?

(It's fair to say I was a noob when I started out though feel a lot more confident now)

Thanks

Last edited:
The label indicates it's a 'Camera DC power supply'. It looks to have 4 outputs. It has a mains input, so it clearly steps down the voltage. Judging from the pic there's no big transformer, so it's probably a fairly conventional SMPS inside the perforated enclosure.
If the unit has any type/model numbers or maker's name, Google for info.
A quick Google for 'Camera DC power supply' showed most such supplies are rated at 12V, around 1A per outlet.
There are plenty of cheap 12V SMPS available (an old PC supply will do nicely). Probably cheaper (certainly easier) to buy one rather than make one.

Last edited:
What is pictured is one of these things. I also replied to your other thread. It is no more than a DC power supply with multiple outputs. Buying the board may not be possible but you could roll your own. There isn,t much to it.

Ron

It's a power supply with individual fuses or PTC resettable fuses and connectors or terminals for powering surveillance cameras. In practice it's usually located near a multi-channel camera controller/recorder.

If you look at the web site for any distibutor of electronic security equipment such as https://www.securitycamerasdirect.com you'll see several brands and models offered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back