Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the significance or origin of "Who Dat?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownOut

Banned
I'm watching the Saints on MNF, and I must be the last living person in the US who doesn't know this?

I'm watching the Saints on MNF, and I must be the last living person in the US who doesn't know this?
You're not alone. Make that two living persons in the US. Either way it sounds like ebonics to me, esp. being New Orleans. Remember who always said: "O-tay!

**broken link removed**

Make that three people.

This if funny. From the Wiki article:

Back in WWII, US fighter squadron pilots would often fly under radio silence. But things get lonely up there in the cockpit, so after a while there'd be a crackle of static as someone keyed his mike. Then a disembodied voice would reply, "Who dat?" An answer would come, "Who dat say who dat?" And another, "Who dat say who dat when ah say who dat?" After a few rounds of this, the squadron commander would grab his microphone and yell, "Cut it out, you guys!" A few moments of silence. Then... "Who dat?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back