Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the name of this gridded work mat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

**broken link removed**

What is the gridded mat called? Is it just and ESD mat? When i type ESD mat into ebay, just blank rolls of it come up...

Yes, i did get this from hackedgadgets...

I call it an ESD mat.

Try searching for conductive/grounded/earthed/static handeling mat.

My wife is a seamstress and it looks like a cutting mat. Try JoAnn Fabrics they have all manner of cool stuff that can be adapted for technology pursuits. Make sure you look like you've been dragged in by a female friend or acquaintance. They get suspicious of solitary males browsing(trolling(?)) a fabric store.

Papabravo said:
My wife is a seamstress and it looks like a cutting mat. Try JoAnn Fabrics they have all manner of cool stuff that can be adapted for technology pursuits. Make sure you look like you've been dragged in by a female friend or acquaintance. They get suspicious of solitary males browsing(trolling(?)) a fabric store.

Just 'mince' a little as you walk, they won't be at all concerned! :p

You can buy them at craft shops, no need for a fabric shop.

I agree, it's a cutting mat - nothing to do with electronics at all.

Na, these are called exacto mats! My grandma uses em for quilts, and she got it from the quilt store (WOW).

I was just wondering. I have a thing about seeing things, then wanting one (or five...)... :D

I wouldn't expect a cutting mat to be ESD safe; probably just the opposite.

But nice for photographing stuff; built in size reference.

Yeah, they are probably pretty static prone. Oh well. I just wanted one for... well... actually i really dont think i need one. :eek:

I just use a Antistatic wrist thing, but I never use it anyways. I have always been thinking of getting 2 and creating some type of fool shocker :p :p :p :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back