Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's On Your Christmas List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EN0

Hey Everyone,

What's on your Christmas list? It could be anything from a soldering iron to a programmer development board? Well, what is it? ;)

Austin

If I tell you, will you see that Santa gets it for me?:rolleyes:

Uhhmm...well that depends if your on the naughty or nice list!

Your reputation seems to be agreeable, I'll do the best I can (no guarantee)!

I could give you about (20) 741 chips that were pulled out of conductivity meters in 1973 because they couldn't keep up with a 1kHz signal...or should I save them for audioguru?

Hi,

Im sure i for one am on the nice list, but my Christmas gift wish is most certainly on the naughty list :)

Last edited:
I could give you about (20) 741 chips that were pulled out of conductivity meters in 1973 because they couldn't keep up with a 1kHz signal...or should I save them for audioguru?

Oh man, no thank you! I think Audioguru would love them though!

Hi,

Im sure i for one am on the nice list, but my Christmas gift wish is most certainly on the naughty list :)

Well, since that Christmas gift is on the naughty list, and since you wanted it, then YOUR on the naughty list too! ;)

Seriously, what's on your list?

Last edited:
if you need old chips i have several hundreds of them my boss starts is company in 1971 and we have a lot of old new IC

Ten bucks, a bottle of wine and a hooker!

Seriously, this year I really don't want anything. It has been a good year and the grand kids have been seen to so basically I am content. There is a camera lens that would be a nice to have and another .45 auto pistol I would not mind but overall those things can wait till after the holidays.

Oh yes, to all have happy holidays, a cool yule, merry Christmas or whatever trips your trigger. Warm regards to all.

Ron

Well, since that Christmas gift is on the naughty list, and since you wanted it, then YOUR on the naught list too! ;)

Seriously, what's on your list?

Oh noooooo! I was wondering where that big lump of coal under the Christmas tree came from :)

Seriously, i wanted to be able to scan some technical info into the computer to get it into digital form for faster lookup and i was using a flat bed scanner but that was way too slow, so i wanted a new digital camera with enough resolution to be able to take photos of the pages of the books i wanted and possibly get rid of the books and documents that take up lots of shelf space. Thing is, i got it a few days ago so it was a little before Christmas, but i did find i needed another battery for it and an AC adapter too for home use so im waiting on those items hopefully for Christmas :)

So what is on your list this year?

Ron: For me 100 bucks, a six pack of Guiness beer, and a lap dance with my favorite exotic dancer :)

Merry Christmas to all...

Last edited:
I use my digital camera and tripod when duplicating documents. I use the "delayed shutter" so that any vibrations from clicking the shutter settles down before the pic takes.

On my list is a Florida vacation. Yippe! I leave on Saturday! ~B

Oh noooooo! I was wondering where that big lump of coal under the Christmas tree came from :)

Seriously, i wanted to be able to scan some technical info into the computer to get it into digital form for faster lookup and i was using a flat bed scanner but that was way too slow, so i wanted a new digital camera with enough resolution to be able to take photos of the pages of the books i wanted and possibly get rid of the books and documents that take up lots of shelf space. Thing is, i got it a few days ago so it was a little before Christmas, but i did find i needed another battery for it and an AC adapter too for home use so im waiting on those items hopefully for Christmas :)

So what is on your list this year?

Ron: For me 100 bucks, a six pack of Guiness beer, and a lap dance with my favorite exotic dancer :)

Merry Christmas to all...

Ron and you have some interesting requests on your list...

I'd probably like a laptop for programming on, but they're too expensive, so that's not going to happen. Usually I can't get much time in for programming, and with a laptop I could practice more often! But let me reveal a big secret, I'm 16, so I'm always on the naughty list! ;)

Ron and you have some interesting requests on your list...

I'd probably like a laptop for programming on, but they're too expensive, so that's not going to happen. Usually I can't get much time in for programming, and with a laptop I could practice more often! But let me reveal a big secret, I'm 16, so I'm always on the naughty list! ;)

Check online for refurbrished. While I was unemployed last year, I ordered a pretty nice Dell and use it still. Not the lastest and greatest, but does everything I need, and for about 2 bills. I also use MS Visual Studio 2005 that I picked up for about 50 cents.

Last edited:
Check online for refurbrished. While I was unemployed last year, I ordered a pretty nice Dell and use it still. Not the lastest and greatest, but does everything I need, and for about 2 bills. I also use MS Visual Studio 2005 that I picked up for about 50 cents.

Yeah, but I need LOTs of memory and processing power! ;) Even refurbished can be expensive, I think. Oh well, maybe till I get into college.

I use my digital camera and tripod when duplicating documents. I use the "delayed shutter" so that any vibrations from clicking the shutter settles down before the pic takes.

On my list is a Florida vacation. Yippe! I leave on Saturday! ~B

I'll have to try that shutter trick when i get set up. I've been reading about lots of interesting home made DIY camera scan devices for books with 'V' shaped plexiglass page holder downers to keep the pages flat. Im not too sure i want to get that involved, but if i am going to bother doing it at all maybe i should try to do it as well as possible the first time. I'd like to get decent pages into digital form so i wont mind reading a half chapter if needed to fresh up on some highly technical subject.
Thanks for the tip and any more also appreciated.

I hope you get your wish! An o'scope is very handy to have around the electronics workshop.

I have an older model and it even isnt that fast but it works ok for most power supplies and related so i still use it. Considered upgrading but dont want to shell out the big bucks...have to save that for the lap dances :) har har.

Last edited:
I have an older model and it even isnt that fast but it works ok for most power supplies and related so i still use it. Considered upgrading but dont want to shell out the big bucks...have to save that for the lap dances :) har har.

I would upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back