Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's a profile picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
I finally tried adding avatars and profile pictures, but what's a profile picture do?

I'm pretty sure it's the other image that shows up when "User Profile" is clicked. Not too sure though.

EDIT: Yep it's the one on the right in the profile.

Nope, just a guy who can't help but chase girls that look like that. I don't see why I should put a picture of myself when I can eye candy that everyone will enjoy.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I must admit I was wondering? - if so we all ought to move to Canada! :p
On that same note, if theinfamousbob's avatar is a picture of him, I ain't going near Ohio! :D

one of the funniest things I remember was when I was in flint :eek: at kettering Kickoff for my robotics team (came in 2nd) we were going to celebrate. I rode with our programming tutor, and we rode in the DARPA car (autonomous city navigating robotic car thing, he hand programmed the entire thing with C programming with around 26,000 lines of code. Works great, and it works with WEB CAMS!) and some big gangster looking guy walked in front of our stopped van. He said "now is a GREAT time to lock your door". We locked it and the guy walked really close to the door. :D

Roff said:
On that same note, if theinfamousbob's avatar is a picture of him, I ain't going near Ohio! :D

Yes it's me, probably at 4 in the morning with nothing else to do. And a camera in my Macbook.

I do have normal pictures, despite what some may think...for example, the attached picture is of me in class, which only has sixteen people in it. Taking a picture without anyone noticing is quite fun.

Attachments

• n1436340228_30035693_1982.jpg
    n1436340228_30035693_1982.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 229
theinfamousbob said:
Yes it's me, probably at 4 in the morning with nothing else to do. And a camera in my Macbook.

I do have normal pictures, despite what some may think...for example, the attached picture is of me in class, which only has sixteen people in it. Taking a picture without anyone noticing is quite fun.

You look freakishly like this boy whom I see everyday. Never really met him, but he always rides the unicycle to school.
Look out! You've got an unknown twin lurking about.

And sorry to say this. But Krumlink:
Krummylink said:
one of the funniest things I remember was when I was in flint at kettering Kickoff for my robotics team (came in 2nd) we were going to celebrate. I rode with our programming tutor, and we rode in the DARPA car (autonomous city navigating robotic car thing, he hand programmed the entire thing with C programming with around 26,000 lines of code. Works great, and it works with WEB CAMS!) and some big gangster looking guy walked in front of our stopped van. He said "now is a GREAT time to lock your door". We locked it and the guy walked really close to the door.
What the heck are you on about? What does this have to do with nice looking girls and differentiating between profile and avatar pictures (...and apparently being blinded after seeing a picture of Bob here)?

Come on now, you know better. That is the second time I have noticed today!

Last edited:
Omar.M said:
And sorry to say this. But Krumlink:

What the heck are you on about? What does this have to do with nice looking girls and differentiating between profile and avatar pictures (...and apparently being blinded after seeing a picture of Bob here)?

Come on now, you know better. That is the second time I have noticed today!

Maybe his brain stalls when when he sees pretty girls. Happens to me all the time THat's why ballroom dancing is so great, you only need to smile and offer your hand. The only problem is that sometimes she has a boyfriend around, and from prior observation, it's obvious she can't dance. But...so pretty.

I think we need to start a thread to put some actual faces to these names.....
Somehow I doubt Marks looks like Meatloaf, AudioGuru like Scrooge McDuck or Ron like the Tektronix wizard..... I'm not sure about HiTech though..... that farmer smoking a pipe could actually be him.........;)

Last edited:
Duhr, anybody watch the Boston red sox kill the other team :D

I got turned down at a dance social because the girl said her feet hurt and then she took off her shoes with the next guy that askeed, Nw that's COLD. Ite's even worse when its the girl that's hstustjust hostile because that's whethe type of perosn she is. COLD. Luckily there wer eother nice girls around, biut still that scold. But now it's over and im having a nic heavy drink. I realyt wish my partne rhad come.

She;s aid she'd come tommorow/.

It would have been nice to dnce with the girl after she took her angel wings off. THey kepy smacking me tin the face every time she did a turn.

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
I got turned down at a dance social because the girl said her feet hurt and then she took off her shoes with the next guy that askeed, Nw that's COLD. Ite's even worse when its the girl that's hstustjust hostile because that's whethe type of perosn she is. COLD. Luckily there wer eother nice girls around, biut still that scold. But now it's over and im having a nic heavy drink. I realyt wish my partne rhad come.

She;s aid she'd come tommorow/.

It would have been nice to dnce with the girl after she took her angel wings off. THey kepy smacking me tin the face every time she did a turn.
I take it you were drunk when you typed that as the spelling is horrible and it's totallly off topic.

Her head's probably so up her own arse that her nose would poke out of her mouth if she tried to sit down!

Just say to her (in a calm manner) that you're disappointed with her for coming up with a cowardly excuse, rather than being straight with you and turning you down properly and that there's no to be cold to you as all you were doing is paying her a complement. If you don't want to say this to her face then that's what emails and txt messages are for and don't feel a wimp if you resort to such means as you're still better than her for confronting.

It appears that you've had a lucky escape so you should feel good about this.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just danced with all her friends instead and their wingless costumes (but they did have giant headpieces). It's funny how little thought some people put into their costumes to make them danceable (they look realy nice though), extra spider arms get in the way, hook onto cufflinks and other things. Wings smack you in the face, and giant headpieces get knocked off doing turns.

On-topic, I can't seem to find a way to view anyone else's profile image, unless everyone has the same avatar and profile image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back