What's A Good RC Wifi/Bluetooth Receiver That Has A Camera For RC Projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs14smith

Can anyone recommend a good RC receiver that allows you to view a live feed from a camera and allows you to control the remote control device via your iPhone?

Basically, I want something similar to the Drone type products where you can see a live cam while controlling the drone at the same time on the iPhone.

That looks awesome! Not a bad price point either for what it is. I'm assuming they have a RC receiver module you can connect to the RC device you want to control too right? I'll search for that in a moment on their website.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a third party enclosure for the screen, but I'm sure you can easily make something to fit it.

There are quite a few parts that click into the shield of the MX7.... I didn't see an RC reciever, it's only an RF transmitter receiver, but I'm sure it could be interfaced quite easily... You would need a USB camera connected to the wifi module...

I found this nifty 4ch receiver on HobbyKing that works over WiFi:
https://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21430__Hobbyking_IOS_Android_4CH_WiFi_Receiver.html

There's also many WiFi-enabled cameras out there, like this one (might be a bit big for a drone):
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...3058&cm_re=wifi_camera-_-81-103-058-_-Product

So then maybe add a router and you'd be able to control the drone/watch the video from an iPhone without adding too many gizmos. I don't think you'll get more than ~100m of range, though.

If you already have a transmitter/receiver, the tx might have a "trainer" port, which you could bridge to bluetooth using a microcontroller and be able to control the drone from your phone that way.

Another low-cost option would be a Raspberry Pi and the camera module they just came out with for it. A lot of good choices out there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…