Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What would i need to run this 100w led with 12v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuee

Hi. i want to convert my already setup / mounted spotlight on my boat to this,
**broken link removed**

100w led chip. i was hoping to pull the guts out my light so only the silver cone and lens was left and put this at the end of the cone.
What would i need to power this from the 12v marine battery?

thanks
Stuart

Something like this:
**broken link removed**

You will need to mount the LED to a big heat sink.

did you read the feedback for the led? its actually 30W run at 30V

Huh?

The one the OP has a link to clearly states it needs 28 - 32 VDC at 3000 - 3500 ma. My math says thats about 100 watts. :rolleyes:

i read the reviews i didn't do any maths or workings out i didn't use a fag packet or pen or paper! that's for you clever people to do! now if ive got it wrong that's good, it means all is normal! :oops::smug:

Even 30W is going to need a massive heat sink. And you can always water-cool it :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back