Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what would happen if I remove the backup battery of the calculator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Please help me with it. It's pretty important for me to know. The calculator I own, TI 92 Plus, isn't working anymore. Now I want to buy a new calculator Voyage 200 which is an upgrade to TI 92 Plus. Someone was planning to send it to me from Canada. That someone today told me that he contacted both UPS and Canada Post and they told him that they can't send anything which contains lithium batteries. The Voyage 200 uses four main AA batteries (the same as TI 92 Plus) and they can be taken out without causing any problem. But it also uses one backup battery and I believe it's lithium one because my old calculator also used one which was **broken link removed** and my old calculator also had this written warning close to where backup battery compartment: Do not take this battery out unless main batteries are installed and working. What would happen if this backup lithium battery is taken out? If it can be taken out without causing any serious problem, then that someone would be able to send the calculator. What do you say? Any suggestions? By the way, I also have a data cable which can be used to install operating system of the calculator from the PC. Both TI 92 Plus and Voyage 200 use the same cable.

Please help me with it. Thanks.

Regards
PG

Every day UPS, FedEx and Post carry thousands of computer motherboards with batteries installed so I don't see a battery like a CR2032 being a problem. If all the batteries were removed the thing would likely lose all memory. Then would likely require factory reprogramming.

Just My Take
Ron

I would ship it with the back battery installed and the main batterys in a good air and water tight bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back