Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What will detect ELF in the 1 to 40 Hz ranges around a person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

septembermorn42

I am look for an ELF detector that will pick up ultra low frequencies in the 1 -40 Hz ranges. I was recommended an Analog Oscilloscopes - Standalone 2475 form their 2XXX series, but I cant locate it on the web. Do you know where I can locate it or find something similar? (These frequencies are from a microwave energy weapon.)

Also if you can supply information on how to blocking these Ultra Low Frequencies in these ranges, (as in Faraday Cages etc) it will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

1 -40 Hz microwaves aren't all that hard to detect. You just need a long wire antenna (a long piece of wire), and any analog oscilloscope will do because they all include 0 Hz microwaves, or DC as it's known to scientists.

Faraday cages work wonders, but they are large and possibly expensive. Until you can get one built, an aluminum foil hat might help.

Last edited:
If I may clear something up, Tinfoil is a word leftover from bygone eras, like when food cans were internally coated with real tin. In today's world, the only reasonable interpretation is aluminum foil. Mr. Blueroom also hails from Canada. This may explain his use of archaic forms of English.

Another point to consider, Mr. Blueroom is a software programmer and might not be too familiar with hardware. When it comes to a Faraday cage, any continuous conductor will form a shield. The problem with aluminum is that it quickly forms an oxide coating and can not be easily connected in an electrical sense. However, a single piece of aluminum foil can be large enough to make a hat without the risk of making poor electrical connections. For larger cages, like a whole room in a house, brass screen is usually used because it costs less than copper and it contains enough copper to be properly and reliably connected at the joints.

Old joke, but applicable: How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: None. A light bulb is a hardware problem.

Actually I'm a hardware designer but dabble in the software end of it. Those very very low frequencies are also part of Whale song, perhaps one gets the vapors when visiting Sea World.

You're right it's now Aluminum foil. Ever see how that stuff is made? Amazing.

Last edited:
Actually, sukufuku just built such a device. He is offering the schematic.. It detects from 50hz to 60hz but im sure it can be modified to do what you want.. It worked for him.

I like you #12 you are smart and helpful! Stay brilliant! Thank you!

If I may clear something up, Tinfoil is a word leftover from bygone eras, like when food cans were internally coated with real tin. In today's world, the only reasonable interpretation is aluminum foil. Mr. Blueroom also hails from Canada. This may explain his use of archaic forms of English.

Another point to consider, Mr. Blueroom is a software programmer and might not be too familiar with hardware. When it comes to a Faraday cage, any continuous conductor will form a shield. The problem with aluminum is that it quickly forms an oxide coating and can not be easily connected in an electrical sense. However, a single piece of aluminum foil can be large enough to make a hat without the risk of making poor electrical connections. For larger cages, like a whole room in a house, brass screen is usually used because it costs less than copper and it contains enough copper to be properly and reliably connected at the joints.

Old joke, but applicable: How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: None. A light bulb is a hardware problem.

Every time this comes up it is a big joke. Within a few post the aluminum or tin foil hat things come out. While we sit around and chuckle at this stuff others have managed to find a goldmine within. Has anyone ever looked at this stuff? Check out the prices.

Shielded Caps (AKA Tin Foil Hat):

Protect your brain from RF (radio-frequency) pollution with this handsome baseball style hat. Specially designed to shield the head from frequencies from below AM through microwave, including cellular phone frequencies. Lined with sophisticated Soft&Safe fabric woven from natural bamboo with ultrathin pure Silver thread for excellent radiation protection. This gives this unique fabric a truly comfortable, natural feel, durability and washability, but with exceptional reflective characteristics.

Research links RF radiation with behavioral and cellular disturbances. Many people can actually sense the differences in the levels of "mind noise" from RF radiation. Provide your brain a quiet place without interference to your mental processes from RF radiation. Washable, Tan color. Adjustment strap means one size fits all. Union made in USA.

That is a $30 (USD) baseball cap! Let's see we have a $2 cap selling for $30 and people actually buy this stuff. The following is tremendous. Boxer shorts:

e-Safewear Boxers SMALL (Cat. #A266-S) ............ $109.99
e-Safewear Boxers MEDIUM (Cat. #A266-M) ...... $109.99
e-Safewear Boxers LARGE (Cat. #A266-L) ............ $109.99
e-Safewear Boxers X-LARGE (Cat. #A266-XL) ..... $109.99

To protect those special things! :)

Yeah, while we laugh, someone is laughing all the way to the bank!

Ron

Most men experience at least some episodes of thinking with that end of their body.

There is also a condition which I refer to as, "cranio-rectal inversion". This would clearly put the skull in a position to be protected with EMF shielded shorts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back