Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What value resistor is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacdrag

I'm documenting a project I put together a few years ago. I have some old notes that say it's a 2.2K resistor, but I thought I used a higher value, something like 4.7K. I'm too tired to look at a color chart right now and perform simple math, :) so can somebody more awake than I please let me know what value resistor this is?
IMG_9562.JPG

Too tired to Google "resistor color code chart" but not too tired to take a picture and write a post to get somebody to tell you the answer?

Just as easy to use your multimeter to measure it, then compare to the color codes on the resistor to find the tolerance...

Resistors these days are impossible to read they use weird colors, pink or brown is red, turquoise is blue or green, orange is sometimes yellow, buy and LDR meter, I test everything before I use it.

Resistors these days are impossible to read they use weird colors, pink or brown is red, turquoise is blue or green, orange is sometimes yellow, buy and LDR meter, I test everything before I use it.
Appreciate this reply as it's very hard to differentiate the red from the brown (not true brown IMHO) on my resistor, and somebody gave me a hard time earlier in the thread. I didn't feel like admitting it at the time, so I blamed it on fatigue, (which was also a factor) but I'm not too good at telling the difference between dark colors, and these were hard to determine.

Appreciate this reply as it's very hard to differentiate the red from the brown (not true brown IMHO) on my resistor, and somebody gave me a hard time earlier in the thread. I didn't feel like admitting it at the time, so I blamed it on fatigue, (which was also a factor) but I'm not too good at telling the difference between dark colors, and these were hard to determine.
I've been reading resistors for well over 50 years - and modern ones are so poorly coloured that it's all but impossible - I keep them in marked bags/boxes, and otherwise use a component tester to check them.

To be fair, historically some old resistors did change colour with age (due to heat), but at least you could read them from new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back