Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of switch is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerond

This type of switch has a simple slide function from an off position to and open position.

Yet, while in either off or on, if you apply pressure downward onto the slide, it changes position, and returns to its slide position as soon as you release pressure. So, it is both a slide switch and a tactile.

I would like to use this switch to control an LED, and in such a fashion:

While off, if you press down on the button the led will turn on, if you remove pressure it goes off.
While on, if you press down on the button the led will turn off, if you remove pressure it goes back on.
And if no pressure is applied onto the switch while in either positions, it functions like a normal slide.

I've spent a good deal of time looking for such a switch online but don't know the correct terms or what it might be called. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. =)

I hope this helps.
315-switch.jpg

And the clarify, in relation to the led, each positon (from left to right) would be:

1: OFF
2: ON
3: ON
4: OFF

Last edited:
Are there any markings on the switch body?

Can you get a clear, close photo? (Note: if you take the photo with a phone it most likely will not be useful).

Regards,

Torben

No I won't be able to get a picture of this switch. Would anyone happen to know what to call it, or anything similar to it?

Rather than having a tactile option in both slide positions. Maybe only in one?

As in:

Slide off, tactile off = OFF
Slide off, tactile on = ON
Slide on = ON

Just wondering: is this switch something you pulled out of a piece of gear, or something you saw and liked, or something you thought of and would like to use if it exists and you can find one?

To be honest, I have never heard of such a thing--but there are still lots of things I haven't heard of. :)

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back