Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of laser is this, any hacking options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert_G

I took apart a cheap "laser line level" and inside is VERY simple. Looks like a couple transistors, cap and maybe a resistor. I've never seen a laser like this though, what kind of laser is? Is there anyway I might be able to get more output from it? Though it is pretty bright....

Powered from 2 AAA batteries, only other electronic component not in the pic is a standard switch on the red wire.

Does anyone know what kind of functions the transistors and cap are doing?

I got 2 of these things for 5 bucks each, so I'm not out any real money or anything...

Any thoughts/links to more info/etc?

TIA!

Attachments

• 5CBS9322.jpg
    5CBS9322.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 5CBS9324.jpg
    5CBS9324.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 5CBS9326.jpg
    5CBS9326.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 162
The transistor is to control current through the laser diode. These diodes blow easily if you deviate from a specified current, so no there is little room for hacking, ie. Making more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back