Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What to do with 11 old calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson777717

Good day all!

I just scored 11 desktop calculators. These calculators are older styled, accounting calculators, with ticker tape printers. Large keys, powered by 110VAC.

Before I rip these apart and rob all of the components from them for other projects, does anyone know of any practical things / circuits that I can make with these calculators, besides paperweight, or component source?

Looking at the innards, I see:
1. The ticker tape printer and components.
2. 12 digit LED display.
3. 30 button oversized keypad.
4. A nice sized transformer, unknown value. The calculator UL listing states 120V, 160mA, 16watt. Which is after the power grid.
5. circuit board, mostly power related, transistors, diodes, capacitors, 1.4 resistors etc.
6. Large IC. 64 pins, SC58101-357SP 357-919106.
7. 3 16-pin IC's, IR2411. I think these are for the LED display.

The particular model I am looking at is:
SHARP Compet QS-2760

Any ideas of what I could make of these? Thanks a bunch!

old calcu

:D hi

how about using your display as a freq. counter display and the printer to print-out the freq. you have measured. or just a plain counter :D :D :D

old tube calc

:D

as soon as you have successfully made the jig, could you provide me with a schem.? i also have that except its a casio brand. even if they are not the same electronically they are still basically the same. :D :D

am not yet very good when it comes to using logic gates specially of my own design but am good at following instructions :lol: :lol:

What about an old minicomputer simulator?

Each teletype has to be time multiplexed to a central processor (PIC?)

Would be an interesting project.

You can use these printer to print hours off access to a room / buiding in
short notice:

code......................................meaning

/011903.................................date 19th jan 03 starts now
+1203....................................someone entered at 12h03
-1445.....................................someone left at 1445

or other time based hardcopy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips