Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the need of nodal admittance matrix for load flow...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hello everyone,

I want to know why and how we use this Nodal admittance matrix (YBUS), in power system to know the requirement of Load in a system.

Thanks

I love load flow

the admittance matrix basically is used in the following matrix equation

=[Ybus]*[V]

this equation is nothing more than the nodal analysis of a power system...it's Circuits 101 put into an elegant matrix form which makes power system analysis easier...for instance it's used to solve for the voltages at each node using an iterative method.

the diagonal elements of Ybus represent the sum of all admittances connected to a node
the off-diagonal elements represent the admittance value between any 2 nodes

basically u need to know load flow in order to make sure that the current on the lines does not exceed their ratings (overload condition)

also, load flow currents are used in various setting of relays

it also gives you an idea as to the power losses on the line and the reactive power sunk into the line or produced by cap banks

basically u need to know load flow in order to make sure that the current on the lines does not exceed their ratings (overload condition)

also, load flow currents are used in various setting of relays

it also gives you an idea as to the power losses on the line and the reactive power sunk into the line or produced by cap banks

HI,

So, please tell about the iteration method used ?? like Gauss and Newton method.
what the iteration signifies for load equations??

the iteration methods are just methods for solving nonlinear algebraic equations

in this case, solving the nonlinear power flow equations for bus voltages

Newton-Raphson is the one used in most software programs

Gauss-Siedel is a more basic method, but it takes more iterations for solutions to converge, and in some cases, doesnt reliably converge to a solution like Newton-Raphson does

OK, i have downloaded the PSSE, i have tried it but not getting the right way to use it.
please tell how to start with simple construction, and what simulation we can do in it??

I don't know, i have download from some site called Siemens or something like university.
Anyway can u please start how to use it any brief intro will help!

I don't understand why we bother to iterate what and what we are trying to find from different Gauss and newton method??

PSSE is available for sale, not for illegal download

i think its trial downloaded from Siemens, please tell how to start load flow ..
thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back