Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the dif. and use of DIT and DIF FFT........??

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi,

I want to know as both FFT convert time to freq. than what the dif. in them.............??

DIF

**broken link removed**

DIT

**broken link removed**

The order of the input/output bits. It depends on the specific implementation and use of the FFT results as to which is used in any particular case, I don't quiet understand it myself then again I'm no DSP programmer but this Wikipedia entry seems to cover the technicalities in detail.

Then explain what you want to know better.

May i know the difference in DIT and DIF FFT as per lecture of MIT, professor say DIT require bit reverse at input and in DIF bit reverse at output ..
so, what will be better for ROM and RAM??

Ritesh, try implementing it on a specific platform, the platform comparison itself will define your answer, it doesn't have a specific ROM/RAM/CPU weighting, it depends on the available instruction set and your understanding of the algorithms to determine which can run faster.

Ritesh, try implementing it on a specific platform, the platform comparison itself will define your answer, it doesn't have a specific ROM/RAM/CPU weighting, it depends on the available instruction set and your understanding of the algorithms to determine which can run faster.

According to you will be have more advantages

Yes Ritesh it will because that's what the articles point to, exactly what they might are application and implementation specific.

Look up decimation.

Hi again,

As both convert time to freq so what does Decimation in Time/Frequency significance??

But that's all is the answer, as Sceadwian said it's just 'decimation' or the way the they are decomposed.
They do the same job as each other. It's just two different ways of doing the same thing. Something like this.... 2x1=2....1x2=2.
Both do the same job and you need not worry abt it. As i said it's 2 different ways of doing the same thing, do you feel there's a diff b/w 2x1=2....1x2=2?
There no significance among them. If you still have a wrangle about it, then Google it, and answer it back here(you'll most probably find the same answer as mine).

If you are very much interested in Signal Processing than anything else, then Private Message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back