Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What SMD component does a 'B' stand for

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok2003

There are several components on an ATI capture card with a B on the board beside them(B1, B2, B3 etc.) each has a cap beside it. No markings but they look like resistors. Sad to say but I've not seen this component before...what type of component would they be? Thanks

Last edited:
Did you take B25 off? Did it break off though handling, etc? It is quite common for a part not to be placed because it is for an option, etc. R66 and R105 are also "missing" but you shouldn't worry about it.

Solder for this specific B25 on the board seems weird.. but could be just an illusion.

B have to be ferrite Bead

Could also be 'B'ridge - a jumper of sorts? (to distinguish from 'J'ack?) ... Is it 0 ohms?

I wonder how much of an inductor you could make out of a device that small? Inductors are the plague of modern electronics it seems... then again I'm so out of board smt electronics now that I have no clue.

We use a lot of ferrite Beads that look like that, usually label them 'FB'.

Leaf through the Digikey catalog; you'll find lots of inductors in small sizes.

I'm 99% sure it's just a ferrite bead for EMI suppression. The miniature caps are probably for the same purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back