Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What size uv box is useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubadog

I am building a uv exposure box. I initially need it for a project that will fit on a 100mmx160mm pcb. I will obviously design it large enough to deal with this project.

My question is what size should I build the box taking into account possible future projects that I am likley to embark on. What size is your exposure box and what size would you feel is necessary?

I think I would let the lamps dictate the size. But, I think the standard panel is 18X24 inches so I would make it at least 1/2 panel 9X12 inches.

I am using 60 UV LEDs, and on a euro board, I have an exposure time of 55 seconds.

I don't use a box, just avoid direct sunlight, no problems at all, works perfectly.

Easy enough to space the LEDs out a bit more, double the number for a bigger board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back