Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What show Most inspired or infuenced you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the song, She Blinded Me With Science! by Thomas Dolby?

Thats the guy!

And shub, whats the reason for the trying to get people pissed off with you?
Your about one day from getting negative feed back from a load of us!
Kick outs dont take too much effort around here.
Either properly introduce yourself or quit playing around, no one finds what your doing funny.
Its rather childish and shows poor personal taste in self entertainment!

If you have electronics questions or skills, we will happily work or chat with you!
If not, leave! We are less than amused already.

Thats the guy!

And shub, whats the reason for the trying to get people pissed off with you?
Your about one day from getting negative feed back from a load of us!
Kick outs dont take too much effort around here.
Either properly introduce yourself or quit playing around, no one finds what your doing funny.
Its rather childish and shows poor personal taste in self entertainment!

If you have electronics questions or skills, we will happily work or chat with you!
If not, leave! We are less than amused already.

Okay, I am sorry. I am an electrical engineering student with electrical construction experience. I don't want to get kicked out, but I really do like CSI Miami.

Much better!
And welcome to the forum! :)

I am an electrical engineering student with electrical construction experience

So tell us more. ;)

(But on a new or different thread if you would.) ;)

The better the back ground description, the the happier we are to get to know you!:)

Earnest goes to jail :p
**broken link removed**

In the 50's, I could hardly wait for Mr. Wizard, hosted by Don Herbert. I don't recall if there was anything good on the other channel.

Me too! The first time I saw an Oscilloscope I wanted to learn electronics.

I actually made my first Oscilloscope from a TV!

How has cinema shaped me, I think John Wayne would be the guy. As a kid, John was bigger than life and was a marvel to watch (Almost as cool as my dad). As Rooster Cogburn he was a drunk, but yet he had decency and respect.

He respected the old fashion thing like respect for women and children, he taught honor in doing the right thing. John would burp and fart, but then say excuse me for such an infarction... (hehe, had to throw that in)

In so many ways, John Wayne movies molded me in the morals and behavior that I now hold so dear. He was manly, yet gentle, he was crude, yet honorable. He never lied, he was not greedy, he was just a man amongst men and I weeped at his passing.

I think America needs another actor like this. He was a moral code setter, if that is a proper phrase.

Forget John Wayne... we need more Clint Eastwood types, aka: The nameless gunfighter, Dirty Harry, Philo Beddoe, William "Bill" Munny, Seargeant Tom Highway, Marshall Jed Cooper. Al Qaeda would've been pulverized by now!

Forget John Wayne... we need more Clint Eastwood types, aka: The nameless gunfighter, Dirty Harry, Philo Beddoe, William "Bill" Munny, Seargeant Tom Highway, Marshall Jed Cooper. Al Qaeda would've been pulverized by now!

History Channel just did Unforgiven which stripped down the stereo typing of Gunfighter myths in Film.

I personally lean toward the "Lonesome Dove" films and Kevin Costner "Open Range".

Gun Fights of that era seem more accurate the shock value of ballistics we have today did not exist then so you were shot more times by smaller calibers. Riflings and casings shape and weight have made modern day weapons more lethal.

Last edited:
Well of course- in the movies, anything can be portrayed in any manner, exaggerated or not. Many of the 19th century firearms were of large caliber, and despite modern advances in gun bore technology and ammunition, getting hit with a .44cal slug at any distance wouldn't be a welcome thing. The Henry rifle is still considered a reference standard for the rifle of that era. In fact, it can outperform some of today's mediocre rifles!

Well of course- in the movies, anything can be portrayed in any manner, exaggerated or not. Many of the 19th century firearms were of large caliber, and despite modern advances in gun bore technology and ammunition, getting hit with a .44cal slug at any distance wouldn't be a welcome thing. The Henry rifle is still considered a reference standard for the rifle of that era. In fact, it can outperform some of today's mediocre rifles!

True, however there were only 14,000 produced and it was not until after the turn of the century that it caught on> Proof of that is in the Spanish American War the spanish piled up the dead or wounded with their marksmanship using a rifled barrel of the Mauser. "Spanish Mauser Rifle Model 1893". Consequently of this, Spain decided to purchase 70,000 rifles and 5,000 carbines as well as 18 millions cartridges. Along with Smokeless Gunpowder gave them a huge advantage. Taking liberty at what ever moved.

Soon we figured out that putting better weapons in the hands of our troops would be a good idea and since that time except for the M16 fiasco has been the standard in the attempt that history does not repeat itself.

The Soviets AK47 was taken directly from John M Brownings designs and still we allow ourselves to be duped into using a Weapon in the Vietnam War that did not meet JB's standard.

I still wonder who's hands were washed for that one.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back