Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What should buy to start my electronics work bench for synths and effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominic_909

Hey everyone. I've been trying to get into building my own synths and effect boxes. So far I've just been looking at simple schematics and buying the parts for those.

I think it'd be a lot simpler just to have a nice selection of common parts that I could use to build something on the spot without having to go the store.

I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions of what I should buy to have this nice selection. Is there somewhere I can buy a package of resistors, capacitors, and other parts that I'll most likely use at some point? Give me some suggestions of what I should get if possible.

Thanks for any help.

If you want to get into special effects with music, I suggest you study up on microprocessors and DSP's. Anything short of that is real old technology and is very complicated, much more so than learning a micro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back