Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What relay could i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm trying to activate an electrical deivce using DTMF signals. I found a circuit that i attached which uses a relay each to turn the electrical devices (device 1, device 2 & device 3) on/off. Could someone tell me what type of relay is this and where i can find a datasheet for it? Thanks.

Attachments

• Activating an external electrical device using DTMF signals.jpg
    Activating an external electrical device using DTMF signals.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Hi,

I'm trying to activate an electrical deivce using DTMF signals. I found a circuit that i attached which uses a relay each to turn the electrical devices (device 1, device 2 & device 3) on/off. Could someone tell me what type of relay is this and where i can find a datasheet for it? Thanks.

hi,
The relays are connected to 5V, so the relay coils must be 5Vdc.

As the coils are driven by transistors any general purpose relay coil would do.

The contact rating of the relays will depend upon what voltages and currents are being switched.. what are the devices being controlled.?

Devices to be controlled

Any external electrical device such as an air conditoin, lamp, oven, heater etc...

Thanks. I looking at a relay i found used in a project right now. The RY5W-K from Fujitsu.

Any external electrical device such as an air conditoin, lamp, oven, heater etc...

Thanks. I looking at a relay i found used in a project right now. The RY5W-K from Fujitsu.

Whats the specification of the relay, I couldnt find the datasheet.

Datasheet

I attached the datasheet. This should work for my application right?

Attachments

• RY5W-K Relay.pdf
    357.8 KB · Views: 257
I attached the datasheet. This should work for my application right?

hi,
The current rating of the contact is low.
Max load current is only 1 amp,, 64VA @ 120Vac

Its not suitable for: air conditoin, oven, heater

It would be OK for a 120Vac, 60Watt lamp.

You could use the contacts to operate more powerful relays.

Attachments

• esp01 Dec. 19.gif
    esp01 Dec. 19.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Ok thanks. Is there a relay you could suggest i use that could activate an air condition or oven or such high powered device? I'm very much new to this. Thanks

Ok thanks. Is there a relay you could suggest i use that could activate an air condition or oven or such high powered device? I'm very much new to this. Thanks

hi,
There is this type:

MULTICOMP|HRM-S DC5V|RELAY, PCB, SPCO, 5VDC | Farnell United Kingdom

What are the operating current/voltages of the equipment you want to switch.?

You could also consider SSR [solid state relays].

EDIT:
Using the above relays, you would have to upgrade the BC547 transistors to say, 2N2222

Last edited:
Relay

I'm looking for The 5Y5W-K Relay mentioned above to purchase...Or any other relay with same specification that capable of controlling a lamp. Any links where i could purchase any relay to do such would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Relay

Here is the data sheet of FINDER.

It's written in German. Wechsler means changeover

This type can switch 16A.

It should also be available at Mouser and Digikey.

Boncuk

Attachments

• S40DE.pdf
    423.5 KB · Views: 306
Use the 5V relay to activate a power relay. 12 and 24V coils have much more power than 5V relays which are commonly used for signal transmitting.

The higher the coil power the faster and tighter close the contactors, hence less contact burning will occur switching high current devices like heaters and coolers.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back