Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What protocol is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowmo

Protocol is used by my wireless gate opener transmitter/decoder.

This is how I think bits are encoded:
Short high pulse indicates a start of a message.
"1" is a short low followed by long high
"0" is a long low followed by short high

I searched the web for possible protocols, but didn't find anything similar.
Full message is a 10 bit address (programmable by dip switches), followed by 2 bits indicating particular button (4 buttons possible). Below is an example on how bits are encoded (not the full message).

bits-png.36068

Attachments

• bits.png
    bits.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Last edited:
No, it doesn't look like Manchester - that uses the change from negative to positive as a '1' and the change from positive to negative as a '0', check my tutorial at for details.

You said it was how you think the bits are encoded.
Can you post the waveform of an entire frame and it's known data values? It's impossible to decode otherwise.

Agree that it's not Manchester coding. My first thought was that it's some propriatary coding.

I think there is no need to post the full frame, because it will look the same as in my first example. Just couple more bits on the right side.
So it must be a proprietary coding then. It's by 1/3 less effective than Manchester coding, but using this coding it is very easy to clock data, because each transition from high to low represents an end of a bit (except for the start pulse). I was thinking that maybe it is some encoding standard which I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back