Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What program do you use to design schematic and board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Eagle on Ubuntu for years with no trouble. Bluesam, what kind of visual problems are you having? Is the problem on-screen or when you print? If on-screen, can you post a screenshot? I seem to recall having to preload a library or set an environment variable to get Eagle to play nicely with GTK themes but I don't think that's required anymore.

As long as printing is set up correctly there shouldn't be any problem using Eagle under Ubuntu. . .at least, not in my experience.

Cheers,

Torben

i've used kicad and eagle on linux, no problem but I don't really like either - they worked fine though.
Currently use DesignSpark and Cadstar
Have (fairly recently) used Altium designer, orcad layout/capture, pads, expedition, eagle, freepcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back