Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what program do i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

planty

I have the circuit wizard program which is o.k. but it doesn't work with a 556 chip and it doesn't do gerber files,
Do any of the other program do this,
PC wizard 3,
limewire, but to use this you need pc wizard 3.

Does anyone else use PC wizard 3, what do you think of it,
Thank you, David

PCB layout it frequently a topic here.

People like several packages. PCB Wiz is not one I recall.

EagleCad has a free version that does schematic capture etc. It is popular and powerful but not as easy to learn as others.

PCB layout it frequently a topic here.

People like several packages. PCB Wiz is not one I recall.

EagleCad has a free version that does schematic capture etc. It is popular and powerful but not as easy to learn as others.

Thank you, i only want to put 2 diodes and 8 holes for a pcb to be made, so i need gerber files so the company can make them.

your right, it's not easy, prob to powerfull for me, dont understand it, cant find anything about the gerber files. might have to delete it..

I wouldn't recommend sprint, it's very buggy. Most manufacturers accept layout files from a certain packages these days. It's actually preferred. The best software is Eagle, hands down. Another good one is Target 3001.

Last edited:
Eagle is a good choice but you have to spend the time to do the tutorials. You can also ask for help here and in Eagle's mailing list.

Eagle does gerber files. They are generated by running a specfic CAM job/file.

I have not used sprint but Bill does and recomends it. I was thinking it would be easier for planty.

Sprint does strange things with the gerbers it exports. In Sprint 5.0 if you have an outline in layer 0, and click 'add board outline' it exports a rectangle outline, but the real outline could be any shape. That didn't happen in previous versions. I also often see plated though holes that are missing copper pads from one side of the board.
The worst was copper free areas around holes getting covered in copper. Couldn't find any explanation for that.

For what planty needs to do black line tape and press on pads from the 80's would be my first choice. But he wants gerber files.

Plenty, if you only need one or two PCBs you might think about making them with a resist pen and etch them yourself. If you are serious about doing electronics learn Eagle.

Colin, do you think he would be better off trying Eagle or Target 3001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back