Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What part is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekrunner

Hey guys, I'm new to this site but it looks very helpful. Anyways a part broke off of a speed control for my RC airplane I crashed and I'm trying to find it's replacement. I've enclosed a picture, does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• ccpart.jpg
    ccpart.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 160
Wow, thanks. Now any idea where I can get one? A search at digikey for a 47 uF, 10v tantalum cap brings up a few hundred results.

47 may mean 47micro Farad
the 101 should be 10x10^1=100V?
if so, it looks like a surface mount capacitor, tantalum as stated in previous post.
measure the width and height as shown on your picture. What are those dimensions.
(USE accuracy, is it 0.08x0.06" (0806 size) or 1206 (0.12x0.06") or what.
The size will nail it. Find a local electronics store, for technicians and hobbyists, call and ask for a smt (surface mount) capacitor with your measured dimensions, or take it in. Mail order works to, but for a $1 part in onesy-twosy quantities local is good.

It doesn't say 101 it says 10L. Also, I live in rural Georgia so I pretty much have to order everything. Thanks

Note that the band is the positive terminal, not the negative.

My best measurement says it's 0.12 x 0.15 so I figure that makes it a 1215 package? Also it's definitely SMD

If you can, measure it's capacitance?

If you have access to a capacitance meter function, measure it's capacitance.
If just a VOM/DMM is available, use it in Resistance range. You should get no reading in any resistance range. Remember to also test by reversing the DMM leads for a second measurement, in case the line on the part is a diode's cathode?

If you suspect it's a diode, again go to the Ohm range around 2K to 20K. If it conducts with the neg/black lead hooked onto the part's polarity line, it is a diode. Different story in that case. If you get the same resistance value, even if you change ranges, then it looks resistive or a resistor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back