Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What part do I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringMeEs&KsM897

I need a small and cheap automatic switch that turns on and off like 6-9 times a
second, if it was ajustable that would be good.I thought it would be easy to find somthing like that but I did not find any thing, and I looked at ajustable timers
but they can't switch fast enuff. So I hope you guys know of something.

Thanks,

The usual questions:

• What are you switching on and off? (Load voltage & current)
  • Power source? (batteries/wall wart/solar panel/???)

The usual questions:

•What are you switching on and off? (Load voltage & current)
•Power source? (batteries/wall wart/solar panel/???)

It's tiring having to ask these same questions post after post after post...........

It's tiring having to ask these same questions post after post after post...........

Everyone in life was a newbie at a certain moment (he is posting here for the first time). It seems he had even problems to find a nickname...

Last edited:
I dont know how to build a circuit with the 555 time and when I looked at 555 timer kits I can only find 1 hertz and and slower. I am only 11 years old and new at electronics

Oh and is it 1 hertz or 1 hert ?

I dont know how to build a circuit with the 555 time and when I looked at 555 timer kits I can only find 1 hertz and and slower. I am only 11 years old and new at electronics

Oh and is it 1 hertz or 1 hert ?

It is for a sub-sonic speaker for school, the timer will be used to set of a
relay which is connected to the main power suplie, but I want it to be small so I can reuse it in the future.

Last edited:
It would be Hertz abbreviated Hz.

Also per House of Wax things like this go better if everyone knows exactly what you are trying to do.

The 555 timer chip will do what you want and rest assured it can well exceed what you want to do. One pulse per second would be 1 Hz and 10 pulses per second would be 10 Hz.

The attached is a simple drawing of how a 555 would likely be used as a start for your project.

Ron

Attachments

• 555 Pulse Gen.gif
    555 Pulse Gen.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 126
I see you posted while I was posting. The 555 can drive a small relay directly. Meaning the output of this small chip only has so much power to drive a relay coil. Larger relay would require a transistor be added.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back