Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what might be the problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohaan

hey!
my 7 segment display is not working properly..
only its "e" side is glowing and all are off..
i change the decoder and also change the seven segment..but still its giving the same..
what might b the problem it have?
its common anode..?

is it only the loose connection or what???

Rohaan.

rohaan said:
hey!
my 7 segment display is not working properly..
only its "e" side is glowing and all are off..
i change the decoder and also change the seven segment..but still its giving the same..
what might b the problem it have?
its common anode..?

is it only the loose connection or what???
Rohaan.

hi,
I dont follow what you are saying,,,only its "e" side is glowing and all are off

Rohaan, we may be able to help you. I think you mean that ONLY the "E" (lower left rising) segment is lit. However, You will have to give a bit more information, like what decoder are you using , what info are you feeding the decoder and if at all possible a circuit diagram of what you have so far.

Cheers RH

Have you tested the display if it works OK ?

Connect 5 Volts dc via the correct value series resisitor to keep the segment current below 20 mA to the CA terminal(s) of the display.
Then touch the individual segment pins with a jumper to negative.

As you test you identify the pins and each segment should lit up.

Also some 7 segment displays may require a jumper to drive 2 CA terminals off the display.

And are you sure it is a CA and not a CC display ?

thanks for the comments..
i have got the problem which i was doing..it was the ic pin
thanks again :)

Rohaan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back