Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What mcu to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazzer408

Is there a basic language mcu with at least 3 analog inputs and a dedicated pwm out?

I've tried looking through product selectors but "programming language", "number of analog inputs", and "dedicated pwm" don't seem to be in the product filters.

Is there a basic language mcu with at least 3 analog inputs and a dedicated pwm out?

I've tried looking through product selectors but "programming language", "number of analog inputs", and "dedicated pwm" don't seem to be in the product filters.
How about a 18X? Cheap and dead easy to use. Has three A/D channels and PWM.

I think I would go with 18fxxx too. The 16f88 is a good chip to but I'm sure liking them 18f1220 I don't no why I said the 16f88 it was late swordfish is real good now that I see the deference from picbasic there no do loop in it you got to use the while true wend

I think I would go with 18fxxx too. The 16f88 is a good chip to but I'm sure liking them 18f1220 I don't no why I said the 16f88 it was late swordfish is real good now that I see the deference from picbasic there no do loop in it you got to use the while true wend

um... whut :confused:

I'm a programming noob. I'm just now getting my feet wet at the same time I'm designing a retail product. :rolleyes:

What is the difference between the two PICs you've mentioned? I don't need many i/os and the PWM will be around 15khz~18khz. I'd like the feedback inputs to run as fast.

Last edited:
Both come in 18 pin pdip 8 MHz and In-Circuit Debugging via two pins and can do what you asked the 18f1220 you can use swrodfish basic witch you can down load a free copy that not too limited I used a basic stamp before I started using pic. Swordfish has a little learning curve But it has a lot of built in modules like adc and pwm so it would be easy to get started with. Here a good site to look at **broken link removed**

I'd simply use a PIC12F683 & make my design compact :)

But you are not the OP. He wants to program in basic and he is a self proclaimed "programming noob".

@Lazzer408
Download Swordfish BASIC. Check to see if it supports the chip you want to use. Obtain the chip.

Then you need to start with a simple program like blinking an LED. Then work up to you application.

I think Gramo has some nice tutorials for Swordfish. Does anyone have the link to his page ?

3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back