What mcu to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazzer408

Is there a basic language mcu with at least 3 analog inputs and a dedicated pwm out?

I've tried looking through product selectors but "programming language", "number of analog inputs", and "dedicated pwm" don't seem to be in the product filters.

Is there a basic language mcu with at least 3 analog inputs and a dedicated pwm out?

I've tried looking through product selectors but "programming language", "number of analog inputs", and "dedicated pwm" don't seem to be in the product filters.
How about a 18X? Cheap and dead easy to use. Has three A/D channels and PWM.

Both will work.
But instead of the 16F88 I would suggest the 18F family and use Swordfish Basic. The 18F1320 would work.

Last edited:
I think I would go with 18fxxx too. The 16f88 is a good chip to but I'm sure liking them 18f1220 I don't no why I said the 16f88 it was late swordfish is real good now that I see the deference from picbasic there no do loop in it you got to use the while true wend

um... whut

I'm a programming noob. I'm just now getting my feet wet at the same time I'm designing a retail product.

What is the difference between the two PICs you've mentioned? I don't need many i/os and the PWM will be around 15khz~18khz. I'd like the feedback inputs to run as fast.

Last edited:
Both come in 18 pin pdip 8 MHz and In-Circuit Debugging via two pins and can do what you asked the 18f1220 you can use swrodfish basic witch you can down load a free copy that not too limited I used a basic stamp before I started using pic. Swordfish has a little learning curve But it has a lot of built in modules like adc and pwm so it would be easy to get started with. Here a good site to look at **broken link removed**

I'd simply use a PIC12F683 & make my design compact

But you are not the OP. He wants to program in basic and he is a self proclaimed "programming noob".

@Lazzer408
Download Swordfish BASIC. Check to see if it supports the chip you want to use. Obtain the chip.

Then you need to start with a simple program like blinking an LED. Then work up to you application.

I think Gramo has some nice tutorials for Swordfish. Does anyone have the link to his page ?

3v0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…