Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What LCD does the Unicorn use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

Today I received and assembled my unicorn LCD experimenter, and was wondering what LCD does it use and what controller, because when I plugged in my Hitatchi 44780 LCD it did not even power up. Thanks

Today I received and assembled my unicorn LCD experimenter, and was wondering what LCD does it use and what controller, because when I plugged in my Hitatchi 44780 LCD it did not even power up. Thanks
Almost any standard pinout 44780 will work. The pinout on the far right of **broken link removed** is standard. The only optional part would be the BL (backlight pins), and even they seem to be fairly standardized.

Make sure you have a jumper on J1.

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder why mine would not power up.

There we go! Contrast was twisted the wrong way. THe backlight is still not working though, but at least it powered up. Thanks. The backlight on this LCD is wanky anyways. Hey bill do you have any spare LCD's (blue backlight) I can buy off you?

Just made a jumper that shorts out the transistor to have backlight on. I can still PWM if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back