Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of zener diode is that??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakihara123

Hello, I'm trying to fix this circuit, it's from a nikko rc car.

I have already changed the transistor, but, when I was doing that, I broke the zener diode that is near to the transistor, the one with the "6".

**broken link removed**

And the question is: What kind of zener diode is it?? I don't know what kind of zener diode I have to buy to replace it!

If anybody can help me...I would apreciate it.

thank you!

I dont think it is a Zener. I think it is one of these: 2SC3205

Thanks for the reply, but I was talking about that, maybe the picture it's more clear now ;)

**broken link removed**

I think it's a zener diode, but what kind of zener diode I have to buy to remplaze it??

Last edited:
Could be anything from 2V to 12V. I would have to see the schematic to know...

Hi,

Yes, the schematic would be needed to know what it is.
If you dont have a schematic and cant get one, you can try a low value first like 3v, then around 4v, then around 5v, then 6v, etc., until the car works normal again.
It's important to start with the lowest value though, not the highest, and work your way up, testing the car completely after each try.

You can sometimes get away with using a signal diode like 1N4148 in series with the zener to boost it's apparent voltage up by about 0.7v or so. That will provide you with other zener voltages for the tests so you dont have to buy as many. Two diodes will boost the zener up by 1.4v roughly.

Last edited:
As noted, a schematic would help, but since this is a toy car - good luck getting it unless it is old enough and you have the original manual (I know one of my old manuals for an old Nikko car I have has a simplified schematic in it - but no part numbers). Your best bet might be to remove it, then attempt to see if there are other markings on it, then type the complete markings and "zener diode" into google (with or without image search) - to see if you can find something that comes close. Its a long shot, I know... You might also try to re-create the schematic, then post it here and maybe somebody can look at it and say "this is supposed to be a zener with these specs" - based on the rest of the schematic layout and design...?

Because of the drawn symbol that you can see in the circuit, isn't it the symbol of a zener??

I don't have any schematics. It's a 1990's car.
**broken link removed**
It's a dictator jr 7.

And, what about if I use a regulable DC power supply, to simulate the zener diode until everything works ok? Do you think it can work??

Thanks to everyone

Is there any reason to think it might be of a different voltage than 6 Volts? It is written 6 on it.

Mike

Is there any reason to think it might be of a different voltage than 6 Volts? It is written 6 on it.

Mike

Yeah, I think the same, that written six must mean something...

So, I just have to go to a electronic components shop and buy a 6v Zener??

Last edited:
Hi again,

What kind of battery pack runs this car? If its voltage is higher than 6v then that could be a 6v zener, but if not then probably not.
It's not hard to try a 5v first, then add a diode in series with it to simulate the near 6v zener, or buy three zeners, one near 4v, one near 5v, and one near 6v. They are fairly cheap these days.

Hi again,

Ok then the zener probably isnt over 9v.

Desolder the diode and then potentially read the rest of the identifying information from the underside of the body.

I repaired a circuit that contained a 1N52 diode. I was sure there were no other markings but after I unsoldered it, here were more markings. It was actually a 1N5232B 5.6V Zener.

creakndale

I have bought the same car (second hand), and now I have the zener.

**broken link removed**

I can see that writed on it: 6 8 8.

Measured tension on it: 6,71 V

So, it's a 6,8 V zener?? or what??

Hi

A 6.8V Zener is a standard value. So uh...it probably is a 6.8V Zener.

Cheers

Hello, I also have the same Dictator jr 7 ! I think that my dictator works properly, I just need to buy a new charger (I lost the original) and verify it. I want to know if you have any photograph from the original box or any information about our dictator... I would like to know the properties, the year of this car... I was a child when my uncle gives it to me and the last week I rescued it from the forget. I hope to drive it soon.

I'm sorry if I don't write perfectly, I'm spanish

Thank you

I'm spanish too :)

The charger it's very easy to find, I have a pair.

About the car, it's from the 93 or so...I'm not pretty sure.
And sorry, I don't have the original box.
I have mine already fixed
Saludos ;)

thanks to everybody for helping me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back