Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of data storage medium can be used for datalogging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

potoole64

I've heard of three kinds of storage medium that can be used for data storage, but I don't know for sure which would be best, or easiest to use.
The data that I would want to store would be in small amounts for short periods of time, long enough to transfer the data to PC.

Can the following types be used in conjunction with microcontrollers,such as by Atmel (atmega32, AT644, ETC) or microchip (PIK,12X,16X, ETC) ?
(1) EEPROM already on, or associated with, the microcontrollers. For small amounts of data for short period of time. I've done this with a PIC16C57C on a Parallax Basic Stamp 2. (pulse counts/second, which were less than 80pps, for about 60 seconds)

(2) Data Flash - I don't know much about this, can it be used with a microcontroller?

(3) MMC cards - I don't know much about this one either, can it be used with a microcontroller?

Then there's "thumb drives" or "memory sticks" or whatever they're called. I know that they are small devices that can be used to transfer data from one source to another, and I've actually used them for that purpose, but that's all I know about them.

Thank you
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back