Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

felis

What is this part (the one in front of Maxim transceiver and to the right of 0603 capacitor)? I believe that FL401 marking also belongs to it.

Attachments

• part.jpg
    part.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
well the two cylinder looking things on either side look like ferrite beads as they don't seem to be attached to the centre.
So it could be an inductor?? I really don't know... If you can give the model number of the thing it came from we might be able to find a service manual.

I've seen them in many (mostly digital) circuits, like wireless access points, DSUs, and hard drives. The ends of this one are sitting on the positive rail and the middle contact is on the ground. They seem to be something like a feedthrough capacitors.

Mystery object.

Hi Felis,

It's a LC power line filter, they come in different shapes. I've seen
pi configurations that look like a feedthrough capacitor with a nut
at each end. They also exist as standard three terminal components
that look like a (long) ceramic filter and this one is a T configuration
for surface mount.

on1aag.

Attachments

• LC filter.GIF
    LC filter.GIF
    1.2 KB · Views: 227
Hmmm, Could FL mean Fuseable Link?
The metal shield should be GROUNDED if I am not mistaken. The shield is to prevent EMF noise.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back