Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this little guy in a box of random parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    394.7 KB · Views: 1,179
What a nifty little thing! I'll guess that's a pin diode and a demodulator chip for an infrared remote control receiver.

I think I bought a similar thing from a surplus outfit and they were dubbed an intensity controller. Mine are marked 043H. Somewhere I could have a datasheet and the full part number. I have three.

They belong in a "Photo IC" category: **broken link removed**

The synchronous laser detector is mighty close -
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/11/s10456_kpic1070e02.pdf

OP's chip is bigger, though. Seems to be too much stuff on there for just level detection... unless they are doing A/D with a serial output or give you programmable trip points or something. It has 5 actual bond connections to the lead frame, and one of those is hooked straight to the detector - so with Vcc and Gnd that leaves 2 pins to get the signal out. Synchronous serial communications generally uses 3. Still looks like a demodulator to me.

that is light sensor ic. mostly use in cd-dvd driver , dvd player or like u say laser printers that use laser beams..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back