Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this thing for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raimis100

Hello.

I would appreciate a help from you guys.

**broken link removed**

Can you please say me what is the red circled thing and what does it do on the circuit ?

It's a variable resistor connected between the null adjustment pins of the op-amp. This allows for an adjustment to null the op-amp offset due to bias currents (among other causes).

Last edited:
For some reason the USA still use the antique symbols, pre-1960's?.
Probably the same reason many spell analog, analogue. It's Tradition! But I think a zig-zag line is easier to interpret as a resistor, as compared to a rectangular box, which could be anything, just as two parallel plates represent a capacitor, and a series of looped lines represents an inductor, better than a box or circle would.

The rectangular box was introduced because original drawing packages did not have the zig zag capability. In addition, the resistor value could be placed inside the rectangle. I changed from zig zag over 30 years ago for this very reason.

For some reason ramis100, a person with 2 posts and no indication of country of origin posted a drawing that nobody knows from whence it came.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back