Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Is this Part???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

booliminator

HI,
I bought a lot of 1,200 electronic parts and recieved it today, it came with like 10 of these and I dont know what they are,
If you have an idea what this whole blue thing is then let me know...
Thanks

DSC_1975.JPG

doing a search for 27410-002 brings up truck parts. st1501 brings up discontinued transistors. can't read the manufacturer of the chip.

That small chip in the middle is a "Valor, st1501", but I wanted to find out what the whole board was built to do, It does say JPN on it, im assuming that means Japan, but i cant find a manufacturer or model.
Thanks

Your best bet is to get a ST1501 datasheet, the chip is mentioned in a few places but it might take a bit of looking to get a datasheet.

If that black thing is an inductor the whole board might be a small DC-DC converter.

so i looked up valor on datasheetarchive.com. it came up with tiny transformers with the part number prefix of "ST" (but not a ST1501), so my best guess is this is some kind of part for a DC-DC converter, or a filter of some kind since the lack of active components on the board and just resistors, caps, the transformer and possibly an inductor, my money is on "filter", but there's only a couple of real ways of figuring it out. first would be to draw a schematic of the module, even better would be to find something bigger with this module installed in to, and find out what the surrounding circuits do.

Hard to say, but I also think it is some sort of pulse transformer or an inductor.

A simple test...get yourself a powerful fixed magnet. Place it on top of the "thing". If it has a ferrite core, you will feel a small but noticeable pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back