Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is this (old) component ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

Found this knocking around in a box of old bits in the loft, always assumed it was a primitive condenser but on second thoughts is it ?

the front has a code on it: 030A10

Any ideas to satisfy my curiosity ?

Attachments

• _IGP6191.JPG
    _IGP6191.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 287
Found this knocking around in a box of old bits in the loft, always assumed it was a primitive condenser but on second thoughts is it ?

the front has a code on it: 030A10

Any ideas to satisfy my curiosity ?
I am not sure but it could be a twin thermocoulple with body used as ground.you may try out with a dmm in mV DC mode and by applying some heat.

Its a thermal overload protection device.
Its basicly a bimetal reed switch with a specific temperature point that it will open up at.
They are most often used as a thermal protection device on trasformers, light ballasts, older style power supply heat sinks, and most anything you could need the power to something shut off in order to keep it from overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back