Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this connector type? (RF, pic attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a 'uhf' or 'pl259' connector ,same as whats used on cb or ham radio antennas.
**broken link removed**
here is a corresponding connector.

Nigel beat me by a bit...

Last edited:
Odds are good that it's a UHF connector but I'd suggest measuring the OD and comparing it quickly to what you'd expect for a UHF connector.

Got my broadband working again today! :D
Nice Nigel
what are approx speeds, download limits and charges thereon in UK please. in India we pay Rs500 per month (Pound =86Rs approx) for a 1Mbps speed .and a limit of 2.5GB per month with govt owned BSNL(formerly Dept of Telecom services unit)

Nice Nigel
what are approx speeds, download limits and charges thereon in UK please. in India we pay Rs500 per month (Pound =86Rs approx) for a 1Mbps speed .and a limit of 2.5GB per month with govt owned BSNL(formerly Dept of Telecom services unit)

I get it free with my daughters contract mobile phone (which I pay £35 per month for), it's up to 2Meg and 2Gb per month, although I've never had any limit problems at all.

Yep! It's a SO239 or "M" type connector.

Also named "UHF" connector althrough they are not the best connectors for the UHF band. (N-type connectors are much better for UHF up through 18 GHz)

Both electrically and mechanically, it is a rugged connector. However, you must get sure that the connector is well tightened. If it comes just a little loose, you'll get SERIOUS RF leakege problems !

By the way, i'm more attracted by the whole unit in the photograph rather than the SO239. What is it ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back