Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this component?? (capacitance touch switch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pike

Hey guys, i'm building my bed for myself as a holiday project. (yes school holidays are here). So to add that touch of electricity i've decided to add a touch switch which activates an array of leds. (for bed time reading)

Ive found this schematic:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/04/120v1out.pdf

Can someone tell me what the "YEL" thing is?? (the device which comes right after the "touch button". I have no idea what it is, or its purpose. :?

pike said:
Hey guys, i'm building my bed for myself as a holiday project. (yes school holidays are here). So to add that touch of electricity i've decided to add a touch switch which activates an array of leds. (for bed time reading)

Ive found this schematic:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/04/120v1out-1.pdf

Can someone tell me what the "YEL" thing is?? (the device which comes right after the "touch button". I have no idea what it is, or its purpose. :?

I would suggest NOT building a touch switch, their reliability is really very poor!.

'Yel' is presumably the colour of the wire to the touch plate?.

The YEL is indeed the wire colour, but right beside it is that symbol that looks like a chevron on its side, that is, two V's nested together. That is the generic symbol for a pin and socket pair of any connector. So they just mean there is a connector there, but no specific type is mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back